Comma offers spring cleaning tips for driver air conditioning systems
- Comma Air Con Cleaner removes unwanted odours and dirt from inside systems
- Quick cleaning product helps drivers maintain vehicles in time for warmer weather
After a cold and wet winter, many drivers will be switching on air-conditioning systems clogged with a myriad of bacteria, fungi, moulds and viruses, warns Comma.
The unwanted dirt can not only cause an unpleasant odour once the system has been turned on, but may also spark allergic reactions or hay fever symptoms for drivers and their passengers.
Comma’s Air Con Cleaner is easy to apply, cleaning dirt and minimising odours in time for the warmer months of the year.
The oil, lubricants and vehicle maintenance expert is offering a simple six-step guide to help drivers perform a thorough air-conditioning clean to keep them satisfied throughout the warmer summer months:
- Ensure all windows of the vehicle are shut and remove loose articles.
- Turn on the engine and switch the air conditioning system to re-circulation mode on full fan power whilst leaving the dashboard vents open.
- Push front passenger seat either fully forward or backwards to create the largest area for the aerosol to stand.
- Place the can either in front or behind the front seat and point it upwards. Depress the nozzle into the lock-down position. Once activated close the door.
- Once the can is fully discharged, allow the air conditioning to run for a further five minutes.
- Switch off the engine and open the doors to ventilate the vehicle, wiping away any moisture which may have appeared on the dashboard or fittings.
Alongside eliminating bacteria, fungi, moulds and viruses from the air conditioning system, the aerosol spray is clear to avoid marking a vehicle’s upholstery and also comes with a pleasant lemon aroma.
Mike Bewsey, Sales and Marketing Director at Comma commented: “Unpleasant odours can be a sign of harmful bacteria and viruses growing inside a car’s air conditioning system, which is an environmental hazard for drivers and their passengers.
“With Comma’s Air Con Cleaner, air conditioning systems can be easily and thoroughly cleaned with minimal disruption, providing a safe and pleasant environment for drivers and passengers as we approach the warmer months.”
To ensure optimum performance of the Air Con Cleaner, Comma advises the spray is stored at room temperature.
The aerosol is available in a single 150ml size, stockists can be found at CommaOil.com.
For further information, contact your local area sales manager, or call Comma Customer Services on 01474 564 311.